Head of Product (m/f/x)
UP42 is changing the way satellite data is accessed and analyzed. It is the first of its kind open marketplace providing easy access to both satellite imagery and analytics from multiple sources. Developers and data scientists across all industries now have access to a platform to build, run, and scale projects in one place. Based in Berlin, the company is a subsidiary of Airbus Defence and Space.
We are looking for a Head of Product (m/f/x) to join our motivated team in Berlin.
About the role:
- Take ownership for UP42 product strategy and roadmap as well as user experience
- Lead, build and grow a high performing team of Product Managers, Design, Customer Support and Developer Relations (including hiring, mentoring, development, etc.)
- Take responsibility for implementation and maintenance of product management best practices
- Closely collaborate with the leadership team in order to align on high level business requirements
- Oversee the innovation and improvement of the UP42 products as well as the day-to-day product activities in a way that ensures that the product is constantly growing
- Work closely with customers to understand market requirements, build strategy based on market analysis
- Closely collaborate with different departments in order to align and execute product strategies
- Several years of experience in product management in a data-driven, B2B start-up environment, preferably working with a developer platform, APIs, machine learning and/or similar industry (GIS, remote sensing)
- Proven ability to build, lead and grow an effective and results driven team
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products, as well as strong interest and understanding of technical architecture, development tools
- Sound business case development and good knowledge of planning, monitoring and controlling techniques
- Experience in market analysis and determining customers’ needs by obtaining market information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must, German is a plus
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Nice office with everything you need to enjoy your work in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other great benefits
- Regular team events, team updates and get-to-gathers
- Development budget: we help you grow and you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.