Sales Manager - North America (m/f/x)
UP42 is changing the way geospatial data is accessed and analyzed. The developer platform and marketplace bring together multiple sources of data such as satellite imagery, weather data, and more—with algorithms to identify objects, detect change, and find patterns. Industry leaders use UP42 to inform business decisions and build scalable customer solutions.
We are looking for a Sales Manager - North America (m/f/x) to join the UP42 team remotely and lead the North America sales. This position will be held through the Airbus North American entity but will be 100% in support of UP42.
About the role:
- Design and implement strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence in the North American market
- Identify, Qualify, Negotiate, and Close deals and drive sales revenue targets.
- Develop business relationships by understanding customers needs and manage company expectations as company grows
- Maximize our sales team potential and align those plans with the leadership team in Berlin
- Manage proposal generation and pricing
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Minimum of 3 years experience selling satellite imagery or imagery analytic solutions
- Currently living in the United States
- A technical understanding of geospatial imagery and imagery products
- Strong enterprise and/or SaaS technical sales experience with a proven track record for success
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close deals; being familiar with concepts like carrying quota and closing
- Success in acting as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines in a start-up environment
- Strong decision-making skills, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Remote cooperation with an inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other great benefits
- Personal development budget: we help you grow and you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application.
Our culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated. We seek to recruit the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background and/or belief—and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We also value more than the skills and experiences outlined in this job description. Even if you think you only fill 60% of the requirements for this role - we would still like to consider your application.