Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/x)
UP42 is a state of the art geospatial data marketplace that, for the first time, brings together a large number of previously disparate data sources like high-resolution satellites, drones, IoT, and many more. UP42 enables geospatial service providers to develop and offer industry-specific solutions for their clients. Our corporate partner’s strategic and financial assets give us a significant launch pad as well as a lasting advantage.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/x) to join our motivated team in Berlin.
About the role:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Work closely alongside product, UX and front end development team to design and implement new product features
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation
- Contribute to continuous delivery and test-driven development
- Contribute to the highly efficient agile development process
- Onboard and integrate third-party APIs onto the platform
- Contribute to the daily tech-related operations; evolve the platform architecture (based on Spring Boot, kubernetes, terraform, Google Cloud Platform)
- Closely collaborate with the CTO in order to align work streams and achieve the set partner integration and functionality launch goals
- Support application deployments and infrastructure
- Guide external and junior developers
- Several years of experience in software design and development, preferably in a web-service environment; excellent knowledge in designing and building public API solutions
- Delivery of platform architecture (microservices / software, architecture and API design)
- Proven track record delivering high availability architectures including load balancing, fault-tolerance, and cloud computing (infrastructure as code, configuration management systems)
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining cloud-based environments (Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of Spring ecosystem (strongly preferred)
- Experience in the geospatial industry is a plus
- Fluency in English is a must, German is a plus
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Nice office with everything you need to enjoy your work in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other great benefits
- Regular team events, team updates and get-to-gathers
- Development budget: we help you grow and you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.