Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/x)
UP42 is changing the way satellite data is accessed and analyzed. It is the first of its kind open marketplace providing easy access to both satellite imagery and analytics from multiple sources. Developers and data scientists across all industries now have access to a platform to build, run, and scale projects in one place. Based in Berlin, the company is a subsidiary of Airbus Defence and Space.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/x) to join our motivated team in Berlin.
About the role:
- Design, build, and maintain our core infrastructure of complex and highly scalable systems
- Actively support Product and Engineering teams with feature development covering infrastructure parts
- Maintain and develop various Kubernetes clusters (application & processing) installations on cloud solutions (Google Cloud Platform)
- Implement thorough monitoring solutions for the complete infrastructure
- Implement and document security guidelines based on best practices
- Improve maintainability, reliability and scalability of our environment
- In collaboration with the CTO identify and solve problems as they arise
- Help to grow and develop the backend team in the DevOps related topics as well as iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Several years of experience in software development and infrastructure management with a proven track record
- Excellent knowledge of cloud provider management, preferably GCP
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure-as-code concept and knowledge of Terraform
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices (networking, data encryption)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes cluster operations
- Experience with docker registry operations and best practices in image creation
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages (e.g. Java, Golang, Python)
- Expertise in implementation and operation of CI/CD pipelines
- Fluency in English is a must, German is a plus
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Nice office with everything you need to enjoy your work in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other great benefits
- Regular team events, team updates and get-to-gathers
- Development budget: we help you grow and you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.