Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/x)
UP42 is a state of the art geospatial data marketplace that, for the first time, brings together a large number of previously disparate data sources like high-resolution satellites, drones, IoT, and many more. UP42 enables geospatial service providers to develop and offer industry-specific solutions for their clients. Our corporate partner’s strategic and financial assets give us a significant launch pad as well as a lasting advantage.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/x) to join our motivated team in Berlin.
About the role:
- Design, build, and maintain our core infrastructure of complex and highly scalable systems
- Actively support Product and Engineering teams with feature development covering infrastructure parts
- Maintain and develop various Kubernetes clusters (application & processing) installations on cloud solutions (Google Cloud Platform)
- Implement thorough monitoring solutions for the complete infrastructure
- Implement and document security guidelines based on best practices
- Improve maintainability, reliability and scalability of our environment
- In collaboration with the CTO identify and solve problems as they arise
- Help to grow and develop the backend team in the DevOps related topics as well as iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Several years of experience in software development and infrastructure management with a proven track record
- Excellent knowledge of cloud provider management, preferably GCP
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure-as-code concept and knowledge of Terraform
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices (networking, data encryption)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes cluster operations
- Experience with docker registry operations and best practices in image creation
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages (e.g. Java, Golang, Python)
- Expertise in implementation and operation of CI/CD pipelines
- Fluency in English is a must, German is a plus
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Nice office with everything you need to enjoy your work in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other great benefits
- Regular team events, team updates and get-to-gathers
- Development budget: we help you grow and you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.